Dreamtime Dive & Snorkel is the tour to choose when diving in Cairns. Introductory and Certified dives available for the beginner or advanced diver.
Optional activities may be pre-booked online at an additional cost for added enjoyment of your Cairns Reef tours. Otherwise, if you wish to speak with our crew who can suggest recommendations or the best activities to suit your ability, you may prefer to wait until the day of the cruise to purchase them in person.
Now Included with standard price!
Guided Snorkel Tour
Join our marine biologists on this popular and informative snorkel tour. It will allow you to experience the beautiful and unique coral formations and schools of fish up close. Perfect for both beginners and advanced snorkellers. No need to pay extra – this tour is now included!
$119 on the day
* Pre book for only $99 per adult
No experience necessary. All equipment supplied including wetsuit & souvenir dive certificate to hang on your wall. Our vessel provides a safe, controlled environment perfect for the novice diver. Stairs leading into the water for easy access where you will spend time practicing some basic scuba skills before heading off on your dive. Group size is kept small with a maximum of 4 divers per instructor (less if nervous divers) so you know you are in safe hands.
Your first dive will be in our coral lagoon, a shallow sheltered area with dense coral cover and teaming with fish life. The 1st dives last around 20-30 minutes and reach a maximum of 10m with most of the dive around 4-5m. On the 2nd dive you will have already done the skills leaving more time for the actual dive. Introductory diving is one of the most popular & enjoyed activities when it comes to Cairns Reef tours.
* $59 for second dive
Diving in Cairns couldn’t be easier with Dreamtime Dive & Snorkel, we are renowned for offering some of the best certified diving on the Great Barrier Reef. Our expert guides will take you to a selection of drift, wall & channel dives including swim through, small caves, ledges & drop off’s. These locations are only accessible to Dreamtime Dive & Snorkel visitors so you are ensured a unique dive experience.
With 5 hours actual reef time we can offer up to 3 completely different dives in a day. All dives are professionally guided for your safety and enjoyment. We take you direct to the best places, leaving you more time to take in the beauty of your surroundings without the need to navigate.
Sites are chosen to suit the weather conditions on the day and take in to account the experience of the divers. Don’t forget your log book so we can record your Great Barrier Reef experience for you!
You can head to our FAQS page for further details about diving and underwater activities.
Important Diving Information
- By law, the minimum age to dive is 12 years. Anyone under 18 years will need a parent or guardians permission. We require anyone over the age of 70 to provide a doctor’s clearance to dive.
- All Diving is subject to successful completion of an on-board medical questionnaire. It is vital to establish if you should be examined by a physician before participating in recreational diving.
- Please answer the following questions on your past and present status with a YES or NO. If you are not sure, answer YES. If any of these items apply to you, we must request that you consult with a physician PRIOR to participating in scuba diving. It can be downloaded here.
- Please note, certain medical conditions (i.e. asthma, epilepsy, high blood pressure or certain medications) may exclude individuals from diving. A positive response to a question does not necessarily disqualify you from diving, but indicates there is a pre-existing condition that may affect your safety while diving and you must seek the advice of a physician.
- Please check when booking or email us with any questions or concerns.
- Certified Divers must produce their certification card